These days many women shave off their pubic hair because they believe it is more hygienic to do so. They think having it bushy down there will make them look unkempt and unclean.
Well, here is some news for you; many studies have shown that shaving off your pubic hair actually put you at health risk. Some have suggested that rather than shaving it off completely, you can consider trimming instead.
Here are some reasons you should stop shaving off your pubic hair, according to Dr Vanessa Mackay, who is a member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologist in an interview with The Independent.
1. Pubic hair offers a natural barrier to keep things clean, to decrease contact with viruses and bacteria, and to protect the tender skin of the area.
2. While protecting against diseases and skin problems, pubic hair prevents foreign particles like dust and pathogenic bacteria from entering the body.
3. Pubic hair also helps to control the moisture of the area which decreases the chances of yeast infections.
4. Pubic hair also acts as a soft cushion for the sensitive skin of the labia and vagina.
5. Other complications like vaginal and vulvar infections, inflammation of the hair follicles, abscesses, lacerations and allergic reactions can be cause by shaved pubic hair.
6. Tiny wounds left by shaving, along with the warm and moist genital area, create a happy culture medium for bacteria to grow in.
7. If you shave your pubic hair, you are putting yourself at a higher risk of contracting genital warts, although pubic hair doesn’t completely prevent it, it helps avoid skin on skin contact with someone who may already have it.
8. Removing pubic hair also irritates and inflames the hair follicles left behind, leaving microscopic open wounds.
9. Hair removal can increase your chance of contracting an STI because remove the hair affects the skin membrane, making it easier for bacteria to enter the body.
YOU CAN SHARE THIS. KINDLY HIT ON THE SHARE BUTTONS UNDER HERE.